Freitag, 18. Juni 2010

#7 Little Buddha

A few stills from my actual work.
_________________

Nearly in every place in Thailand you can find Buddhist Temples. A lot of them are really ancient or they are recent but build in an ancient style. Many of the recent ones are build in a sort of modern «candy maker architecture» as I would say, because of the overwhelming gold, mirrored glass and color everywhere, inside and even outside. I for myself like both types. I find always new ideas for nice shots, every time I discover a unknown one to me.  It is not easy to shoot in such places, because these are places of prayer and also of tourism. Exactly there is the problem. I have to respect the worshippers. So I'll need a lot of time, be very careful in what and how I frame it and trying not to disturb the people at their prayers. If I take my time, I'll mostly get out with a lot of amazing pictures.
The best of all Buddha statues, in my opinion, are to find at construction sites of some temples. The statues are much more ancient looking, because of all the dust around them, the naked concrete walls and floors and the slightly «worn out» look they present. They are much less gilded than the official statues in the temples itself and some times some parts like arms, hands or others are missing. But despite the poor look, they are all in really use for the workers to pray each day and provide me with the motives for good pictures.













The pictures above show a mix between the Buddhas inside Wat Chalong, the workers Buddhas at the construction site of the Phra Puttamingmongkol Akenakkiri Buddha, known as The Big Buddha in Phuket and some of the construction Site of Wat Karon.
All shots were taken without a flash, just using available light. I used my NIKON D200 DSLR with a NIKKOR AF-S DX VR 18-200mm, f 1:3,5 - 5,6 G ED tele zoom lens. I did the B&W conversion and the finetuning in Apple Aperture 3.

Enjoy, Alfredo Briccola

Legal: All pictures in the «Onehundred ISO Photography» Blog are property of Alfredo Briccola. It is strictly not allowed to copy, alter or use this pictures for print, electronic media or other media without the permission of the creator.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen